Monday, August 15, 2011

Saying Yes to the Dress...Again

Here we are with just about 10 months to the wedding- yikes- time is going fast!

Two things I've come to learn is that everything takes longer when you say the word "wedding" and everything takes longer on Long Island. Combine the two and I still have no idea why my dress takes 10 months to get from ordering to the fitting room.

That being said, the time to order bridesmaid dresses for my wedding is quickly approaching. I knew I wanted my girls to have a huge say in the dress we picked, so I started trying to get the troops together. Getting 6 busy ladies together at one time, in one place is a hard task, but we were lucky enough to have 4 out of 6 of us available for round one.

Round one *almost* didn't happen. Apparently luck was not on my side this morning. On my way to get changed before dress shopping, with my Maid of Honor in my passenger seat, my car literally stopped going.

I know nothing about cars, but eventually AAA was called, and my fiance came on his white horse (which was actually a black Altima) to rescue us. Knowing how badly I was looking forward to the day ahead, he insisted I take his car and that he would make sure my car got to the mechanic (major points there).

So we were on our way, again. And this time, the car didn't break, go us!

One thing you always have to worry about with a group of females is chemistry. I can't say I was too worried, but it's always a concern. Has anyone out there seen Say Yes to the Dress, Bridesmaids?

Holy catfight. From the bride who didn't even stop to think before she decided that her bridesmaids had a $500 budget, to the bridesmaid who announced that if they didn't pick a dress that looked good on her-she was out of the bridal party, I can't even believe some of the stuff that happens!

Fortunately, our experience would have made for terrible television. Everyone got along, everyone has great taste, and everyone is willing to rule out dresses that any of the other girls don't like.

I knew the dresses had to be a certain color, and the girls want shorter dresses, which goes perfect with our summer wedding.

 First, we hit the racks and pulled anything that we thought might possibly be a contender. The girls then took turns trying a few on, and we would either reject or save them for the next round.

I was having a blast not having to try anything on! We narrowed it down to about 10 dresses, and then picked our favorites from those. We made sure the ones we liked came in the perfect color, and then magically (or not) we had it down to just 3 dresses!

Currently we are all in discussion about which one we like the best. I am confident that after "Round 2" we will have our dress!



Here is one that didn't make the cut! Sorry, for the winner, you'll have to wait until they come down the aisle!





No comments:

Post a Comment