Thursday, January 26, 2012

crunch time is here!

Yikes! I haven't blogged since September. Since my thousands of adoring fans have been emailing me daily (or never) wondering when my next blog will post, I figured I should update them all (or whoever is procrastinating on facebook and clicked this...I see you). I guess i have been to busy planning my wedding to write about planning it.

Oh well, with just about 5 months to go, it is officially wedding crunch time. At the beginning, we took our time and focused on one thing at a time. Book location, breathe, book photo, breathe, and so on. Now, it seems as there aren't enough hours in the day to plan one very big day.

If I'm not emailing my vendors to ask a million questions (sorry guys, love you!), I'm getting my addresses together for my invitation girl, or confirming what time the ceremony starts, I'm obsessing over programs or trying to assemble my card box, which WILL be the death of me.

I have to say, hands down, one of the biggest impacts on how your wedding planning goes (which has a direct impact on my anxiety level), depends on the vendors you work with. Luckily, I seem to have picked the best ones!

I refuse to book a vendor if I don't feel 100% comfortable with them. I get vibes from people (Ryan is rolling his eyes right now), and I have walked out of vendor appointments and never turned back because I've gotten bad vibes, no matter how good their work is.

In fact, recently we went to look at a transportation company. They had exactly what we wanted and the price was right. But the man was so incredibly rude, and seemed as if he was doing us a favor. My logic is that if you treat us like crap before we sign a contract, how are you going to treat us after you already have all our money? Buh bye, mean shuttle bus man!

On the other hand, the right vendor can make all the difference.

Take flowers, for example. I never had a huge interest in them. I think I was jaded from getting bouquets at dance competitions and recitals for the past 20 years. I knew what colors I liked, what flowers I thought were pretty, but I didn't really think they were that much of a big deal in the grand scheme of the day.

By chance, I made an appointment with a local florist during my search and as soon as I walked in, I got good vibes. I immediately clicked with the owner, who took my ideas and was genuinely excited to run with them (I promise she's really excited, you can ask her).

All of a sudden, the flowers were basically making the entire wedding come together. I left the florist appointment more excitedly than ever, and luckily, Ryan approved, so I stopped the search and booked her on the spot.

And seriously, I can't wait for the flowers at our wedding. We are doing something beautiful, and a little different. If you need flowers, you need to check out Perfect Rose Floral Design in East Islip. Tell her I sent you!

So thank you, to all of our wedding vendors, for being the best! I have and will continue to tell everyone I know about the amazing work they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment