Monday, April 11, 2011

Hello Blog.

Blog?

I never really got the point of having a blog. In fact, I’m not even sure I know the point now.

All I know is that my fiance is sick of 24/7 wedding talk, and I really, really do not want to be (but am) “that girl” that doesn’t talk about anything except her wedding because she is completely self-absorbed in a day that will last all of 6 hours.

My Macbook on the other hand, has no complaints. Inanimate objects do not get sick of searching for “purple and pink weddings” “orange and pink weddings”  “purple, pink and grey weddings” and so on…

I don’t know how often I will update this…but if it’s every time I think about my wedding, I wouldn’t go signing up for email alerts.

Name.

The name of this blog is me, in a nutshell. That saying “better late than never” is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. If you know me, you know that I very much respect time. I have never willingly been late to anything, ever.

My fiance thinks its compulsive, and it is. But there is no better feeling than walking into my 4 p.m. appointment at 3:55 (besides walking in at 3:54…you knew that was coming).

Never late is much better. Never late is best.

It sure is. So why I’m getting married to someone who prides himself on getting everywhere at the last possible minute. Most likely the same reason he does not throw something at me when I am having a panic attack in the car at 7:55, on our way to an 8 o’clock dinner reservation.


Wedding. 

I started planning my wedding the minute we got engaged. That is a lie. I have been planning my wedding for about as long as I can remember. I never thought I would love it quite this much (I’ll stop lying soon). Much to my fiance’s dismay, there is a LOT of details and planning that go into the most important 6 hours of your life.

I will post as many details as I can here. But one thing is for sure: My wedding will start at 6 p.m. exactly, so don’t be late!

No comments:

Post a Comment